Put together. Stylist. Fit. Beautiful.
Those are some of the words I would use to describe Sintra Lewis. For fourteen years, Sintra was a dedicated track and field athlete. Then one day she decided she was over the tomboy look. She started searching through various blogs online and suddenly found herself waist deep in clothes, shoes, jewelry—and a modeling contract.
"I like the way fashion makes me feel. It gives me the opportunity to be artistic. Sometimes I lie in bed and instead of sleeping I put outfits together in my head."
Unfortunately, as I'm sure we all know, being fashionable is expensive. "Keeping up with the latest trends can be a pain," says Sintra. But somehow, she does it. Sintra frequents fashion blogs like Cupcakes and Cashmere and Atlantic Pacific for her daily inspiration.
Sintra's hair is an integral part of her overall style. She describes her style as classic and feels that her straight hair enhances her look. "I just need it to stay in place," she says with a chuckle. Sintra's hair is usually relaxed with a few added weave tracks for body. She trusts her salon so much that her hairstylist is not just her stylist—she's her friend. "Once Yvette of Yves Salon gives me a wash and blowout I have good hair days for weeks."
Sintra is in her thirtys and was born in Grenada but grew up in Trinidad. She describes herself as Afro-Caribbean and now lives in Edmonton, AB.
Sintra says when her roots grow out her curls are between 3B and 3C. Her 5 favorite hair tools are:
Professional grade blow dryer
MiraCurl Curling Iron
Check out Sintra's favorite hair products with her reasons why below:
1) Redkin Smooth Down Heat Glide
- I use this right before I flat iron my hair. It's a leave-in serum that provides heat-safe control to take frizz.
- A dime size is amount enough for my entire head.
2) Big Sexy Smooth & Seal
- This is a finishing spray to help lock out moisture and keep my hair smooth and shiny.
- I usually spray it on my hair before applying heat.
3) Big Sexy Spray & Play Hairspray
- This is the most ideal hairspray!
- Gives my hair hold and movement. It's manageable and shiny and the next day it does not have that caked-on finish.
- This product makes it easy to comb through my hair when I'm tired of one style and style my hair another way.